Friday, 17 September 2010

Nikita

A brand new Spy drama from CW sees Maggie Q as the gorgeous assassin Nikita out for revenge. Although when I say brand new I mean brand new for the fourth time.

From the first attempt in 1990 with the French film “La Femme Nikita” to the American re-make starring Bridget Fonda in 1993. Coming in third is an earlier TV attempt that started in 1997 and then soon ended to the most recent chance to follow everyone’s favourite sexy assassin as she tries to bring down the agency that turned her into a killer.

In saying this with such scepticism I have to hold my hands up and say how good this incarnation is.

This time the title character is taken on by Maggie Q, star of Die Hard 4 and protégé of Jackie Chan. She is exceptionally sexy in a swim suit and is completely electric in the physical aspect of the role. You can believe it when she kicks seven shades of whatever out of the bad guys.

The lines between good and bad get blurred in this very fast paced drama you never really know who to trust there are no reservations on who to kill off but I am hoping the critics give this one a few episodes before it goes AWOL.

1 comment:

  1. Having also been very sceptical about ANOTHER remake of Nikita I felt very pleasantly surprised. There did seem yo be a few moments when my concentration started to wander but i felt there were enough high points to keep me engaged.

    Also was I the only person feeling like I was watching a retelling of the beginning of Alias?

    ReplyDelete